Hepatitis Specialist Non-Invasive Diagnosis and Therapy
An inflammation of the liver.
HEPATITIS refers to an inflammatory condition of the liver. It’s commonly caused by a viral infection, but there are other possible causes of hepatitis. These include autoimmune hepatitis and hepatitis that occurs as a secondary result of medications, drugs, toxins, and alcohol. Autoimmune Hepatitis is a disease that occurs when your body makes antibodies against your liver tissue.
Most common types and SYMPTOMS :
Some cases have no symptoms. When symptoms occur, they can include yellow skin or eyes (jaundice), nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue and fever.
- A highly contagious liver infection caused by the hepatitis A virus.
- Symptoms include fatigue, nausea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite and low-grade fever.
- A serious liver infection caused by the hepatitis B virus.
- Symptoms are variable and include yellowing of the eyes, abdominal pain and dark urine.
- Some people, particularly children, don't experience any symptoms. In chronic cases, liver failure, cancer or scarring can occur.
- An infection caused by a virus that attacks the liver and leads to inflammation.
- Most people have no symptoms. Those who do develop symptoms may have fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite and yellowing of the eyes and skin.
- A serious liver disease caused by infection with the hepatitis D virus.
- Symptoms include abdominal pain, nausea and fatigue.
- A liver disease caused by the hepatitis E virus.
Symptoms include jaundice, lack of appetite and nausea. In rare cases, it may progress to acute liver failure.
- Inflammation in the liver that occurs when the immune system attacks the liver.
- Symptoms include fatigue, abdominal discomfort and joint pain.
- Liver inflammation caused by drinking too much alcohol.
- Symptoms include yellow skin and eyes along with increasing stomach size due to fluid accumulation.
- In case of infectious forms of chronic hepatitis, like hepatitis B and C, one may not have symptoms in the beginning. Symptoms may not occur until the damage affects liver function.